Welcome to Roki The Rottweiler's blog !

Life of the little rottie named Roki

Woof! My name is Roki and I am a Rottweiler puppy. I was born in 16.8.2015, Estonia. I moved to Finland to my very best mommy and daddy in 4.10.2015. I like everyone and everything but favourite stuff for me is eating yummy bones, sleeping, exploring the world and playing with my other doggyfriends.

8 & 9 weeks old, Part 1 – Meeting the mean neighbour

By 12:23 PM



Woof, hey again!

These few weeks were full of new adventures like meeting some new people and other stuff. I have got a hang of our routines in my new family and I learned what ”Roki” means... it's my name!


I have put a smile on my mom's and dad's face everyday, they tell me that I am so silly sometimes. They tell me that most of the puppies chew on shoes but not me! I have started to carry shoes around the house and leave them laying all over. They've laught at it usually but they've got a little pit pissed off about it when they are in a hurry and can't find their shoes. They don't yell at me though because how could I know afterwards what had I done wrong.






So, I don't chew on furniture or shoes, but I love to chew on my Dad's gym rug and everything else gym-related stuff! And sometimes I pee or poop on them even though I know I should do my needs on newspaper...





I got a new cool red collar. It got me some time to get used to it because it made my neck itch a lot. I had to scratch it every other second. 




I was walking free for my first week in new home, but I've got a lot braver and I've wanted to search every corner and bush. I've also wanted to make everyone my friend so I've started to run to every neighbour while we were outside. I get a lot of scratches from nice neighbours but Mom and Dad doesn't appreciate me running towards everyone I see.

So I got a leash...

I couldn't walk free anymore. Mom and Dad told me that it's because I am a citydog so I can't walk around free all the time so I should learn how to walk on a leash. That means no pulling! In my opinion walking on leash is much harder than learning how to sit. I can't help myself with pulling, but if I pull, I can't get any forward. I have to sit and watch Mom or Dad in the eyes before we can keep going. And I get a treat of course!

Most of my neighbours are really nice and no one has said a single mean thing about me!
But there is this one neighbour I met. I though that she was nice but I was wrong. Here is the story of what happened in summary:

So, I was on leash walking with my Mom and Dad. This woman was nearby and got really excited about me. She seemed so nice so Mom let her pet me. She stank weird (Mom told me afterwards that she was drunk) but I didn't mind because she was nice to me. But then she took my leash of without asking my Mom's permission. She just said to my Mom: ”It's so nice to keep dogs free like you used to keep him free too, I have seen you playing from the window!”
Right after I saw other neighbours coming out of the building and I started running behind them.
My Mom said to this drunken woman: ”That's why we don't keep him free all the time anymore.”
Mom yelled at me: ”No, Roki, come here!”, so I stopped eventually and came back to her. She took me to her arms and said: ”Good boy that you came back to me, good boy”

Then the drunken woman came to us again and told my Mom that she had done wrong and then she without any permission, punished me by grabbing and shaking me from behind my neck. My Mom said to this woman: ”No! I did the right thing, you should never punish a dog who comes back to you when told so.” Then we went back inside.

Thank you for reading.


-Roki

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. We're glad you learned at an early age that humans can be stupid.

    ReplyDelete